Several notes before progressing:
- Only apply this to Development/Testing environments.
- Configuration change impacts the security settings of the server:
- Oracle quote: ‘Note that this workaround should not be used in production environments because it uses pseudo-random numbers instead of genuine random numbers.’ (http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24329_01/doc.1211/e26593/issues.htm#BCFJJHAJ)
- The following property change can be applied to the server config.sh, but I prefer to apply it within WebLogic Console due to ease of management.
- Log into WebLogic Console.
- Click Servers.
- Click on the server to apply to property to.
- Under the Configuration tab, click on the Server Start tab.
- In the Arguments input box, enter the following argument:–Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/./urandom
- Shut down and restart the same server.
Originally, it took my WebCenter Portal managed server 4-5 minutes to Start. With this configuration change, it takes just under 2 minutes! A colleague of mine reported their WebCenter Portal server to start in 40 seconds!